2.3.1 Investment Instruments
last revised: Sept-2017
The College may invest in any type of security allowed by the Public Funds Investment Act (30 ILCS 235/2) of the State of Illinois and may be amended from time to time.
- The College has chosen to limit its allowable investments to those instruments listed below:
- The corporation must be organized in the United States.
- The corporation's assets must exceed $500,000,000
- The obligations at the time of purchase must be rated within the two highest classifications by a recognized rating service.
- Investments may be made only in banks, which are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Investment products that are considered derivatives are specifically excluded from approved investments.