1.4 Student Trustee
last revised: Nov-1975
A student trustee serves as a member of the Board of Trustees for a one-year term beginning April 15 of each year, as provided by law. (110 ILCS 805/3-7.24) The student assumes all the rights and responsibilities of a district-elected Board member with the exception of his/her advisory-voting status. The student trustee:
- is admitted to all sessions of the Board;
- receives materials elected Board members do;
- is allowed to make or second motions;
- is allowed to register on advisory vote on all matters brought before the board with the exception of the President’s Compensation; and
- cannot make or second a motion on matters of financial obligations.