1.12.1 Electronic Meetings
last revised: June-2022
A member of the Board of Trustees may participate electronically by a speaker phone or similar device that is audible to the audience. The following rules apply:
- A quorum of the Board must be physically present at the actual location of the meeting. Absent members may not “call in” to make up a quorum.
- An absent member may be permitted to participate electronically only if he or she is prevented from physically attending the meeting due to
- Personal illness or disability;
- Employment purposes;
- Business of the public body;
- A family emergency or other emergency
- A member who wishes to attend electronically must notify the Chairman of the Board before the meeting unless it is “impracticable” to do so.
- All meeting minutes must reflect whether a member is present physically or electronically.